We all know a New York strip is one of the best steaks you can sink your teeth into, but we have figured out a way to really get the most out of it. We don't treat this as an exact science since we all have our own unique tastes, and cooking is an art form after all. But just follow these basic steps for a seriously delicious steak because BadAss Shit does the work for you.
* NY strip steak, 1 in. thick
* BadAss Shit
* canola oil
1. Dust your steak all over with BadAss Shit.
2. Place your steak in the fridge for 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
3. Heat your grill. Right before grilling, soak a paper towel in some canola oil, grip it with some tongs, and use it to brush oil on your grill so the steak won't stick.
4. Pat your steak dry and grill for around 5 minutes on each side for medium rare, taking care to not overcook. The steak should have an internal temperature of about 5 degrees under your desired doneness.
5. Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest a few minutes. Enjoy!