If you're looking for an easy weeknight meal but also want to change things up just a little, then check this recipe out! Couscous is a great alternative to rice or macaroni and provides a nice easy break from the monotony of your typical weeknight dinner. And needless to say, chicken thighs plus SpecialShit equals delicious!
* 1 lb chicken thighs
* 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 cup pearled couscous
* 1 cups low-sodium chicken broth
* lemon slices, for garnish (optional)
* rosemary sprigs, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Dab the chicken thighs with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Sprinkle SpecialShit all over.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken into the skillet and cook until the chicken is golden brown and has a nice crisp to it, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, add the rest of the olive oil, minced garlic, and couscous. Cook until the garlic is fragrant and the couscous is toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken broth to deglaze the pan, and bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Add the chicken back into the cast-iron skillet and garnish with the lemon slices and rosemary, if desired. Place the skillet in the oven and make until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
6. Serve the chicken and couscous with the fresh herbs and lemon slices, if desired.